The Fairfield Dollhouse Revisited Week 27

I papered the chimney with the same stone paper that I used for the foundation and I installed the attic windows. All of this is much easier to do before the roof installation.

As always with these dollhouses, a lot of sanding and filling in of gaps, along the interior edges of the windows, has to be done. I like to apply the exterior window trim first, then sand and fill in the interior edges. After it dries and I do some paint touch ups, I apply the interior window trim, with the acetate pane already installed. Installing and finishing, in steps, is the best way to achieve a finished look.

You also need to prepare the roof panels and finish their interior sides before installation. You will not have much access to do it afterwards. This is always the case with slanted attic walls, but is especially true on this smaller scale. I primed and wallpapered all of the roof panels. In this particular dollhouse, because of its L shape, all of the panels will be visible from the interior of the dollhouse, from different angles, so they all have to be finished.