The Fairfield Dollhouse Revisited Week 17

Getting the tower wall in place is no easy task. The best way to prepare for this is to sand the slot on the porch roof, to make sure that no wooden planters will snag on the wall as it slides in. Sanding the slot will also make it larger.

Even with all these precautions, you might have some wallpaper damage that will have to be repaired once the wall is in place.

Once the wall was in place, I could add the ceiling and floor trim. Make sure you know the positions of these trims very well as you do not want them to get in the way of the side tower wall.

I also added the interior front door trim. I can't do anything about the second floor door because I don't have it yet.

Browsing though the paint section of the craft store, I came across paint that was on clearance. I found a really nice mauve color that I decided worked very nice for this dollhouse, so I changed the grey porch floor to it. I think it looks nicer and matches the color scheme better.