The Half Scale Diana Dollhouse Day 30

Over the past few days I have been doing a lot of shingling on this dollhouse.

First, the front wall gable. I did a half timber trim in a contrasting, lighter purple for the side gables but for the front, I wanted shingles in the same contrasting purple.

In order to do this, I had to make a template of the gable front and shingle it. Then I applied the shingled and painted gable template to the wall. This is the easiest way to do it since this dollhouse is small and it will be hard to try and cut all of the angles for these shingles in such a tight space. You also have the round window to deal with and it is so much easier to shingle around it on a template than on the actual wall. I also applied the exterior window trim, to the template itself before glueing the whole completed and finished template onto the wall.

Binder clips hold it firmly to the wall until dry. Once dry, you have to use spackle on all of the edges to hide any gaps.

I made templates of all the roof panels and there are a lot of them. I shingled and painted them all off the dollhouse. Once dry, I glued each corresponding template to the roof. Lastly I added the roof trim, which I painted in the same color as the shingles.

I think I achieved the look I was going for with this little dollhouse. It was a lot of tedious work to apply all of these finishes on such a small scale but the end result was worth it.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.