The Half Scale Diana Dollhouse Day 27

I'm sure that those that have been following my blog for awhile now, may have noticed just how many days it has taken me to get this far on this little dollhouse. Typically it does not take this long but these half scale dollhouses require a lot more work and detail. They take a lot more time especially with the exterior finishes I chose for this one.

Today I was able to finish the front wall siding up to the roof eaves. This is where I will stop using siding and I will use shingles to complete the top half of this wall.

Now that this lower part is done, I can go ahead and begin the porch trim installation. The side trim has to go on first and you can see how it hides the rough edges of the siding once its up.

Notice the porch roof. I used black sandpaper to cover the flat, horizontal areas. This sandpaper is going to be a very similar color to the roof color I am going to use and the foundation color. It gives it a nicer finish than just paint alone and I did not want to shingle an area that is not slanted nor very visible. This sandpaper piece came with the kit.