The Half Scale Diana Dollhouse Day 25

Now this front door assembly, is quite tricky but once you decide on how you want it to look, it can go quite smoothly.

First, you have to paint your door trims but do not paint the little tabs that go into the top and bottom holes, which will cause the door to have movement. That's right, this is a working door without the need for hinges and it's part of this kit features.

I wanted this door to have a complimentary colored stained glass so I went online, printed the stained glass as PDF, in the right scale, and then had my local office supply store print them out for me. The colors are very vibrant and the paper is good quality.

I made four print outs because I have to laminate their backs together in order to make two stained glass "window panes" for the double doors. That way you can see the stained glass from the exterior and interior of the dollhouse.

Use a glue stick to laminate these printies together because it has minimal moisture and will not wrinkle or warp your "panels".

Now this particular door does not have bottom panels. It has window openings on the top and bottom. This is not the look I want. I want stained glass on the top and panels on the bottom so I had to make them myself.

I used a strip of birch veneer siding to make the middle and bottom panel. It is the right width for this door and the perfect thickness for sandwiching between the door panels.

I painted the top part dark purple and the bottoms light purple. Of course, I had to dry fit the siding between the panel doors in order to mark where to paint.

Once that was done and dry, I assembled the doors by sandwiching the "stained glass" on the top part and the colored siding on the bottom, creating a stained glass, paneled door.

Use small binder clips to clamp the laminated parts together.

This assembly must be completely dry before installation to the dollhouse.

While that dried, I went ahead and painted the porch floor.

Remember that you do not have to print out your stained glass. You can make your own, real stained glass using kits and supplies they sell at your local craft store.