The Cheltenham Dollhouse Day 13

Today I assembled the dollhouse roof. When I first began assembling the dollhouse, I really wanted to hinge the front roof panel so I would have and extra room in the attic. I thought that it could have been done by simply adding a fourth floor to the dollhouse using foam core but in the end, the small space would not have been able to be used as a room. Also the top of the third floor partition would have to be removed, which would significantly affect how the roof would sit on the dollhouse and the third floor partition doorway. I decided to just leave the roof as it came.

This dollhouse brought flooring trim. You can certainly do away with it and not use it but I decided to take advantage of it. I applied it to all of the flooring. There were a few pieces missing. I am not sure if they accidentally became lost but they can be easily found at your local craft store. I just have to measure them and make sure I get wood strips to match. I can always come back to that later.

Remember the bottom floor front edge? Well, like I mentioned before, this is the edge that your front panels will rest on when closed. You can not apply any covering to this edge that will make it thicker or your panels will not close properly. I thought about covering this edge with shelf paper to match the flooring but then I realized that this edge actually should be painted to match the exterior of your dollhouse as it will be semi-visible from the exterior when the panels are closed. So, remember, do not cover this edge with flooring and paint it to match the exterior of the dollhouse, not the interior flooring as first thought.

The dollhouse has not been permanently glued to the leg base yet. I just have it positioned on them temporarily.