The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Day 13

I finished the chimney. I still need to spackle it because it has some gaps around it. I added a bee wooden decoration to it.

I finished the trim that goes around the chimney as well. I used tape rolls as clamps. They really work great for areas like these. Since they are under pressure, they have to dry over night to ensure they are stuck well.

I built the tower roof. This was so easy and simple to do. Again it has to dry overnight because the panels are under pressure and you have to make sure that the glue is completely dry before you remove the clamps. You can make this tower roof into a room with some simple kit bashing. Just do not add the mansard roof panel to the back, so it's open backed. Then add a floor to it using 1/8th" thick cardboard, foam core or plywood. It would be such a small room that you wouldn't be able to make a floor opening, so it seems like someone can use a ladder to get to it, but it would be a nice little hidden room.

I began putting on the dormer windows. They seem somewhat complicated but once you get the hang of it, they go on pretty quickly. The only bad part is waiting for the paint to dry. You have to paint every piece before assembling. Use the mallet to tap the sills into place. Other than that, everything else goes on pretty easily. Clamp the sides from the inside of the dollhouse with tape.

I added the filigree roof trim to the other front part of the roof. I added more corner trim and will wait for things to dry before I can continue.