The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Revisited Week 30

Chimney

I really liked the finishing of the chimney on the Lily Dollhouse, pictured below, and I wanted to recreate it with this dollhouse.

I recommend you pre-assemble your chimney parts away from the dollhouse before you finish them.

I first painted the chimney black and painted the trim dark brown. The dark brown matches the brick printy I am going to be using the cover the chimney. It is the same pattern that I used on the interior fireplaces.

I glued the dark brown trim to the black chimney and then covered it with the brick paper. Because I painted the trim dark brown, the exposed edges blend in with the brick paper. I cut out the paper out of the middle openings with a craft knife so the black interior can be viewed.

I used a mixture of spackle and gray paint to create the texture on the top trim and I painted the flues black.

Now I have the appearance of a brick chimney.