The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Revisited Week 28

Finishing The Tower Room

Now I have to return to the tower room bach in order to finish it's interior. It is easier to finish the entire room while away from the dollhouse and this is why I did not glue it in place yet.

I finished it the same way as I did the rest of the dollhouse by priming all of the walls and ceiling with white paint before adding wallpaper and ceiling paper to it.

While the wallpaper and ceiling paper dried, I prepared the tower base it will sit on by painting what will be the floor of the room with a brown paint. Since I am adding flooring to this room, like I did the entire dollhouse, it has to be primed in a similar color as the flooring I am adding.

I then glued the room to this base. The handheld weights work very well to clamp the room in place but remember to hold them down with masking tape so they don't accidentally roll off while your working on the dollhouse. This can damage your dollhouse or your foot.

I then added the flooring to the room and the ceiling and flooring trim.

Keep In Mind

I added sand paper to the extra space behind the room to match the roofs but you can use that space to your advantage by creating a balcony/outdoor area for your dollhouse. You can add a widow's walk around it and it will look like a patio accessible through this tower room.