The Aster Cottage Dollhouse Day 4

Today I installed the roof edge over hangs. Since I am covering this roof with faux fur in order to create "thatch", it might be a little tricky for me with these extra overhangs.

Each piece is made to fit a certain way so you won't be able to install them wrong. I suggest you get rid of the smaller pieces first by installing the dormer and the rear end thatch pieces before doing the larger ones.

I took some detailed photos of how it's supposed to look. All of the pieces will fit together like a big puzzle but you might have a few gaps just because of the nature of the wood. Don't worry about them. If you're going to stucco the dollhouse, they will all be hidden. I plan on applying stucco to the entire underside of these roof edges.

Notice I installed the fireplace, minus the mantel and oven doors. I plan on using stucco all over the hearth and the fireplace itself. At first I had thought of using the stones on it but the dollhouse speaks and it wants a stucco fireplace.

I made a mistake and installed the wall without installing the hearth along with it. It's impossible to put the hearth in after the wall is up.

I still installed the hearth but I had to cut the side slots so I can fit the hearth into the opening. I then installed the side piece through the bottom of the foundation.

So remember, install the hearth with that fireplace side wall or you won't be able to fit it in later. The instructions will address this but honestly, I haven't been following them because without pictures, they are basically useless to me.