The Rosedale Dollhouse Revisited Day 15

I finally finished the shingling of the dollhouse.

I also didn't have to use corner trim for the roof in the end and I am very pleased about that. I really did not want to use it for this build because I wanted it to be all about the roof designs with no interruptions as the shingles go around the corners.

I painted the brackets white and finished the top roof with the finials. You do want to paint the finials before installation.

I also painted the back edges of the attic roof to match the shingles. I did not want to add any back trim to these sides because the white would clash with the shingle work. I also did not want any trim to affect the sides of the shingles since I left them in their natural state with only a coat of varnish on them.

Notice that I added interior window sill trim on all of the windows. Even though the house did not bring any, I decided that it just looked better with them so I made my own using basswood strips.