The Rosedale Dollhouse Day 9

I’ve been tweaking the exterior paint. For some reason I kept thinking that the gray stone needed something. I decided to make some stones a little different in color. I used a very light brown, almost a golden color and the dark gray base I had used for the stones. I painted the dark gray stone solid and textured the light brown stones to match the light gray stones. I want to keep the aged look to the stone. Finally, I’m satisfied with the exterior.

Stained and glued on some interior trim today.

Time to assemble the roof. This roof is very easy to do. You won't have to struggle bending the mansard panels inwards because these are slanted rather than curved. Clamp well with masking tape as you go along.

I painted the top roof gray and glued on all of the brackets. Make sure that you look at the picture of the dollhouse closely so that you space all of your brackets correctly and have the right number of them on each side of your dollhouse so you don’t come up short.

I also decided that I wanted to make the bay roofs look a little more finished with something other than just paint so I used black sandpaper and covered their tops with it. I used the sandpaper piece that came with the dollhouse kit. It was enough for both roofs. Hot melt glue works best to adhere sandpaper. Sandpaper is best added after the roofs are assembled. Just make a template of the roof you want to cover and cut out a piece of sandpaper to match for the perfect fit.

Be careful with your sandpaper. Any paint or glue that gets on it will ruin it permanently so it's best for you to do your sandpaper roofing after the dollhouse is done. I couldn’t wait and decided to it now. This will cause me to have to be extra careful to not ruin them as I continue finishing the dollhouse.

I painted the attic ceiling and primed the walls. It's best to do it by turning your dollhouse upside down of course.

I installed the top roof finials in each corner today. Make sure you only do this once you're sure you won't have to turn the dollhouse upside down anymore. You wouldn’t want to risk breaking them.