The Lily Dollhouse Revisited Week 38

FINISHING TOUCHES

I installed the window treatments. On this dollhouse I chose to make shades. Because of their unique measurements, I recommend making your own custom window treatments for these dollhouses. This will ensure the best fit.

Making shades is easy. I just cut them out from textured scrapbook paper and used the dollhouse windows as a guide for the size. I then used different ribbons to add details and create the pulls.

The bathroom shade was a gift from my mini friend Jean Whitman. She created the pull using jewelry fixings.

On the exterior I added extra trim to the mansard roof corners. Layering different sizes of trim to your dollhouse will add more detail and depth.

I also added wooden caps on the staircase railings.

I added a bed canopy to the children's room, which I made myself. Sometimes you have to custom make your own miniatures because it is difficult to find exactly what you're looking for already made. It is not one of my favorite tasks but I will do it if I have no other choice.

I also completed the rooftop gardens flower garden section.

This dollhouse is ready to be filled and displayed.