The Lily Dollhouse Revisited Week 22

VERGEBOARDS AND TRIM

I began installing the roof vergeboards and trim to the dollhouse.

Sometimes these dollhouse can bring side trim that might not fit properly, after the dollhouse is complete. For this reason, I like to sometimes buy new trim at the craft store, in the same size as the original dollhouse trim. I tend to get a better fit this way.

Since I am applying the corner trim over siding, I like to use narrower, smaller accent trim alongside it, for a nicer finish. It also adds more depth and detail to the dollhouse. The craft store has a lot of different trim sizes to choose from in order to create a unique look.

Once the trim is applied, you will have to go back and do a lot of paint touch ups. You might also have to use spackle to fill in corner gaps.