The Lily Dollhouse Day 1

Take note that a part of this dollhouse has been mislabeled on the schematics sheet. On Sheet Two, the part labeled as Roof Verge Board Trim, is actually Porch Roof Front Trim Piece #2 and the part labeled Porch Roof Front Trim #2 is really the Roof Verge Board Trim. You will need this information if your parts fall off the sheets and you need to label them.

This dollhouse has double hung windows and I tried my best to explain how to assemble them. If you are still uncertain about their assembly, there is a great tutorial by Deb Roberts that is more detailed. You can see it here.

This dollhouses box is pretty large and quite heavy. I took all the sheets out of the box and propped them up against a wall, where they won't be in the way. Propping them up this way also makes it much easier to find the sheet number I’m looking for because I just flip them like a book.

Some miniaturists believe that propping up your sheets in this manner warps them but I’ve never had the experience of this happening. Wood warping should never be an issue because even if it does warp, as you build the dollhouse, the wood always straightens out.

Today I put the dollhouse shell together. The shell of this dollhouse goes together pretty simply. I didn’t encounter any significantly hard areas. I put the dollhouse together using tacky glue and as usual, I went over all the joints with wood glue. Take your time and don’t skimp out on the glue, apply it liberally. If it drips, wipe it up. Wallpaper will cover the walls anyways. You would be amazed at how much glue your wood will soak up so all the glue you see now will disappear once its dry.

Clamp everywhere and make sure all of your joints are flush and fitting tightly together. Go over the dollhouse several times to make sure you didn’t miss a spot.

I need for this whole shell to dry thoroughly before I can add anything to it.