The Harrison Dollhouse Day 7

I began assembling the roof today. Since this entire dollhouse will be covered in stucco, I wanted to make sure that I got the roof eaves and the ceilings assembled so I went ahead and assembled the roof in its entirety except for the panel that has the removable piece. That piece will have to be hinged together away from the dollhouse so I have to wait to assemble it later.

When using stucco as an interior or exterior finish, always try to assemble as much as the dollhouse as possible so you can cover as much areas with the stucco as you can. It makes for a cleaner finish and it also adds a little more strength to the structure. Remember, glue adheres best when it's used on raw wood rather than finished pieces.

Notice the position of the roof supports and gussets.

Again, I experienced no problems whatsoever with the assembly of this roof. Follow instructions on the sequence of steps so that you do not end up with a panel that can not be fitted.