The Harrison Dollhouse Day 1

I half way prepared the kit today. I am unfamiliar with this dollhouse so I need to go through the instructions and schematics first just to see what to expect during the build and how to prepare for it.

The interior and exterior trim sheets can be confusing because there are four sheets of them.

I made sure that every sheet was accounted for first. I labeled their numbers with a black marker and then proceeded to label each part, using the schematics, with pencil, while they are still on the sheets.

Be very careful with your labeling. This dollhouse has a lot of confusing parts. You might miss a vital part and end up throwing it away.

I removed the window sheet from the dollhouse parts and put it in a safe place.

Like I have said before. You can leave everything on the sheets and prepare as you go along with your assembly or you can label, remove and prepare everything before the assembly. Newbies might find that keeping each piece on their sheets until the assembly calls for them, might be less confusing and easier. Once you have assembled several of these dollhouses, you become familiar with certain parts that are very similar between models, like the chimneys for instance.

I also cut the dollhouse box with a box cutter. I am using the bottom part of the box as a turntable while I assemble and I cut out the pictures of the dollhouse from the top of the box. The dollhouse box picture can be very helpful during assembly.