Micro Dollhouse Project : The Garfield Dollhouse Week 12

Finishing Touches

I covered the roof with printed shingle paper. I printed these tiny shingles right from my computer. This scale is perfect for printing items like this at home. I glued the shingle paper on using a glue stick. Just like with the wallpaper, you do not want to overwet your paper using other types of glue.

There was a leftover piece from the kit, which looked very much like a chimney. I covered it in printed brick paper and painted the top flue. I glued a little cotton to make smoke and placed it on the attic floor, in a corner, similar to where the chimney is placed on the large Garfield Dollhouse.

Another feature that my large Garfield Dollhouse had was a carriage house, which I made from the Annie's Crab Shack Dollhouse kit. I wanted one for this tiny Garfield, so I made a mini replica out of balsa wood. I did not make it open back because the accessories for it, at this scale, would be nearly impossible to find. You could print out a photo of a tool shed wall and scale it down to glue on one of the walls for a building like this, but I didn't think about it until after it was done. I think this building looks cute next to the Garfield.

The tiny display table is a laser cut kit which is very easy to assemble, but I had to place a thin piece of cardboard on its top, as a base, in order to accommodate the size of this tiny Garfield. The original table top was just too small and I did not want the dollhouse to overhang along the sides. I then covered the base with grass paper and glued a thin ribbon along the edges to give them a nicer finish. The tiny trees were found at my local craft store, in the diorama section.

I am slowly filling the dollhouse with micro furniture. Now this tiny Garfield Dollhouse can be displayed in the Lily Dollhouse living room.