The Garfield Dollhouse Day 7

Now for the sister of our previous staircase. This one goes on the second floor. Believe it or not, this staircase is harder to build than the first one, even though it's smaller. The problem is that there is no way for it hold itself up.

Because it doesn’t stand on its own, you will see some strange pictures of it positioned in unique ways.

Again, assemble the staircase exactly as the instructions tell you to. If you don’t follow the instructions to a T, you won't be able to assemble or install it. Remember the direction as well. It's suppose to wind to the right. Follow the pictures closely.

I did the same thing as with the first staircase. After it was assembled, I primed it and wallpapered it. This staircase only needs wallpaper on one side. The other side is against a wall and not visible. Basically all the sides that are flat, do not have to be finished or wallpapered in any way.

I believe that the underside of the staircase will be visible. I’m not 100% sure but it seems like that can be the case according to the placement of it on the instructions pictures. Since I don’t want to take the risk of it being visible once I have walls up, I went ahead and wallpapered it on the underside since I was wallpapering the sides anyways. If it later turns out that it isn’t visible, no harm done.

Visibility with this staircase is debatable. It goes inside of a stairwell that is hidden from view from the backside of the dollhouse. There is a removable bay on the front of the dollhouse so I suppose that will be the only way to view it. Also if you look in through the windows, you will be able to see it as well.

I added the post caps and trim just like the other staircase but not to the top posts. You have to leave those for later. Also, I can't find two post caps. I’ve looked everywhere. If I don’t find them by the time I have to install them, I’ll have to make my own replacements.