The Fairfield Dollhouse Revisited Week 22

I decided to add more trim to the dollhouse, for depth and architectural detail.

I added a narrow trim alongside the corner trim in light purple. I also added a very thin, dark purple trim to the corners where the side trims join. I added the same thin trim, in white, alongside the bay corners.

I had mentioned previously that this dollhouse was not designed to be sided, so you will have to make certain decisions for a few areas. The first one is the area between the double windows. As you can see this area is hardly visible once the windows are in place, so they do not need to be sided. Siding such a small area will be difficult and create extra bulk that can affect how the windows fit.

The narrow walls along the backside of the dollhouse, also do not need to be sided. They do not have enough width and trying to apply siding on them will create extra bulk that may not look good after it's done. I, instead, left mines white and added the same trim as the rest of the dollhouse.

I began siding the front of the dollhouse, but won't do anything else to it until the final tower wall is in place.