NEWS

Photobucket has changed their terms of service and is no longer allowing 3rd party hosting. For this reason, my photos are no longer available for viewing. I am keeping the blog posts up so at least the text can be read.

I am currently in the process of migrating this blog onto Facebook. This will allow for the photos to be viewed again.

This process will take some time. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Monday, October 13

The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Revisited Week 30

Chimney
I really liked the finishing of the chimney on the Lily Dollhouse and I wanted to re-create it with this dollhouse.

I recommend you pre-assemble your chimney parts away from the dollhouse before you finish them.

I first painted the chimney black and painted the trim dark brown. The dark brown matches the brick printy I am going to be using the cover the chimney. It is the same pattern that I used on the interior fireplaces.

I glued the dark brown trim to the black chimney and then covered it with the brick paper. Because I painted the trim dark brown, the exposed edges blend in with the brick paper. I cut out the paper out of the middle openings with a craft knife so the black interior can be viewed.

I used a mixture of spackle and gray paint to create the texture on the top trim and I painted the flues black.

Now I have the appearance of a brick chimney.








No comments:

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP