NEWS

Photobucket has changed their terms of service and is no longer allowing 3rd party hosting. For this reason, my photos are no longer available for viewing. I am keeping the blog posts up so at least the text can be read.

I am currently in the process of migrating this blog onto Facebook. This will allow for the photos to be viewed again.

This process will take some time. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Sunday, June 13

The Aster Cottage Dollhouse Day 9

I added the "mortar" between the pebbles.

I made it with a mixture of spackle and paint. I mixed it in a gallon size freezer bag, cut out one of the ends so I could squeeze all of its contents into a squeeze bottle and then I use the bottle to squeeze the mixture between the pebbles.

After it's done and semi dry, you clean up the stone with a wet cloth and you may have to scrape some of them with your fingernail.

Of course, I should have done the chimney before glueing it on the roof.

The spackle does give the appearance of old, rough mortar between the stones. dollhouse stucco also can be used for mortar.

I later applied a coat of varnish over all of the pebbles. It helps age the spackle a little.

I added baseboards to the interior floors. Made them from the same vinyl planks that the flooring is made of.

I made a simple landscape for the dollhouse. I used it's own box to make the base and then I added grass on top. I placed the dollhouse on top of it. It's not glued on so it can be removed and the landscaping changed if desired. I added bits of moss around it with some flowers.

The final touch of the wishing well was added right next to it. Notice I thatched the wishing wells roof to match the dollhouse.







Browse through this dollhouses gallery here.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Excellent job! And in only 9 days. Now if I could only work at such a speed!! Well done!

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP