I used a strip of the fabric to create the runner for it before I installed it. I glued it on with tacky glue and used a little tacky glue all along both side edges to keep it from fraying in the future. Add the railing last.
The second floor staircase is more difficult to assemble. The instructions do not make it any easier but you can follow the below steps:
- First take piece F and M and frame out the stairwell hole.
- Then take two G pieces and one P piece and laminate them together to make a thick post. Make two posts this same way.
- Take an I and H spare piece and laminate them together. The I piece goes on top of the H because it's smaller. Make two of these. These are basically the post caps or finials.
- Take the smaller railing and glue it on top of piece F which you used to frame the stairwell hole. One side of the railing will be against the wall.
- Then take one of the posts and glue it on the other side of the railing. Again, it will rest on top of the stairwell frame you made.
- Then take the long railing and glue it against the post you just put up and on top of the M piece that's framing the stairwell.
- Take the last post and glue it to the other end of the long railing.
- Glue on the first floor railing and glue the handrail to it.
- Glue the other F piece on top of the small railing to create its handrail.