Tiny things are made of awesome!

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Friday, March 20

The Garfield Dollhouse Day 20

I have to install the windows and the railing in the attic. It wasn’t very difficult but it wasn’t easy either. Of course, it was my fault. I should have had it done before the roof went up.

There are few uglier things in dollhouse building than the back edges of the walls and floors. That’s why I trim all of mines with basswood strips.

I installed the final interior doors since I have my doorknobs. They weren’t as difficult as I thought they would be, especially the one in the stairwell. It went in quite easily with minimal sanding required.

The Living/Dining Room Partition also had some trim that had to be applied.

I made the steps for the guest bedroom and attic.

I assembled the fireplaces. I wasn’t sure at first if I would use the fireplaces that came with the dollhouse but I later decided I would. I’m not gluing them on the dollhouse permanently though. I’m just sitting them down in different areas until I figure out where they will be fit best, depending on the furniture I get. I glued brick printed paper to the fireplaces backs to make them look more realistic.

I installed the second floor bay roof and roof trim. Remember to paint your eaves before instillation and trace each piece on paper for shingling templates. This one was not as difficult to do as the kitchen bay one.

It fit perfectly and I think I discovered what caused the problem with the kitchen bay one. I believe that the schematics are mislabeled. Notice the picture of the Garfield’s kitchen bay roof trim in the schematics. The side pieces are small circles like in the bay roof trim. They don’t have the funny side pieces that make them longer. These extra wide side pieces for the kitchen bay are what make them unable to fit when the roof panels are pushed upwards. I double checked the schematics again because I thought I had made the mistake in labeling the pieces but the schematics do have the wider pieces labeled for the kitchen bay.
























2 comments:

Caseymini said...

Gina, come get your latest award!!! It's on my blog.

Gina said...

Thank you so much Casey! I actually keep all of these awards. I plan on putting them up on display in my blog real soon. By the way, I still have your blog linked to mines at More Minis Links. I included it in my blog roll as well.

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP