Tiny things are made of awesome!

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Sunday, June 29

The Haunted House Dollhouse Day 5

Today I wanted to see the porch rails on the dollhouse so it was irresistible for me to put them on. I cut them to size and glued them on the porch. They are made from polystyrene plastic so you can glue them to another material using tacky glue but they won't glue to themselves unless you use the liquid cement specifically made for polystyrene.

I sanded down the sides of the door until it fit into the opening without much of a struggle. I then bricked the sides like I did the windows yesterday. I decided I wanted to keep the pediment that came with the door frame because the door is square rather than arched at the top. I used my Easy Cutter to cut off the door frame “legs” and only keep the pediment. I painted it and glued it over the door.

I also had some extra roof trim left over, so I trimmed the top of the porch walls to match the gable sides. I added a little top gable trim to each gable trim peak.

I installed all the interior windows and the final trim that separated the two tones of wallpapering in the living room. I varnished the tiles for some gloss and glued on the second floor door knobs. I painted all the base of the dollhouse that I didn’t brick. I also trimmed all the back edges of the floors and walls.

I decorated the cardboard base to be the permanent base for the dollhouse.

I assembled the chimney. There are no pictures of it, so it's impossible to know how it goes except for the schematics. I also assembled the window boxes.

I trimmed the inside edge of the interior door opening. I don’t have to do the other side because the windows are opaque and you can't see that side from any angle.








1 comment:

caitlin said...

I am constantly amazed at the skill you show when you build a house. I love this one! the floors, the wallpaper, it looks so clean and pristine inside.
The bird's nest is adorable!!! I love it when you take advantage of the creative spark that may dim, but seems to never go away for long.

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP