Tiny things are made of awesome!

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Monday, March 10

The Willowcrest Dollhouse Day 9

Remember the porch mistake? Well, it was easily fixed.

I first applied spackle to the two edges that had the cut tab. In order to make the two corners square like they are supposed to be, I have to first spackle the holes shut with a generous amount of spackle. Then I waited about three hours and I applied a second coat of spackle on, very heavily. Instead of trying to make the spackle become a square edge, I just blobbed it on there heavily and protruding from the flat surface. I have to make sure there’s a enough on there so it doesn’t sink into the hole.

After three hours the blob was firm and hard. I got my metal ruler and wrapped sandpaper around it. Then I used it to sand the blob of spackle smooth and flat, without touching the edge, and to avoid rounding it out. The metal ruler is perfect because it has such a straight sharp edge that it can easily go under the porch roof. Once the spackle was flat on both sides and straight as well, I painted and touched up the entire porch. You would never know that I made those corner edges with spackle. I circled the two edges on one of the photos. I glued on the bottom porch post trims.

I decided to begin working on the third floor, but I won't be able to do anything until I finish the roof and ceiling. I made a mixture of spackle and green paint and applied it like stucco to the exterior roof. I first used masking tape to tape off the corner trim, so no green would get on it. I used stucco on the chimney as well.

I then went inside and put stucco all over the ceiling and chimney. I had to apply masking tape around the floor where the chimney is. There are areas that cannot be seen, adding difficulty. I had to use a make up mirror to be able to see into the ceiling and hidden angles. After the stucco dried quickly, I gave it a second coat of green, so it wouldn’t look so light. It's going to match very nicely with the wallpaper. I glued on the dormer roofs.

While glue and paint dried, I began staining some interior trim. I applied trim to all of the windows that were done and the trim around the wall openings that don’t have doors. When you stain interior trim, make sure you stain both sides. The trim will never fit so perfectly over a window, so it's best to stain both sides to avoid raw wood visible. By the time I was done with that, I began gluing on the chimney top trim. It goes on like so many chimney trim in these dollhouses do. The stucco did not get in the way of a perfect fit.












No comments:

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP