Tiny things are made of awesome!

Welcome

Whether you're an experienced builder or new to the hobby, I've gathered material from all over the web to produce the most complete, tab and slot, dollhouse assembly blog you can find.
Tip: 1. Read through all of the instructions that came with your kit first. 2. Find your dollhouse in this blog by using the drop down menu below. 3. Read through the building process in its entirety before beginning your project. Happy building!

View or print the More Minis Dollhouses Project Planner PDF to help you begin your next dollhouse project!

Donations

If you find the information on this blog helpful, please consider making a donation using the secure Paypal button below. Thank you!

Dollhouse Assembly Blogs

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Custom Rehab Week 01

This upcoming project is a little different from my usual ones. This is a rehab. This custom dollhouse belongs to a neighbor and she was ...

Friday, December 7

The Sugarplum Cottage Dollhouse Day 6

Today I began working on the chimney. It's kind of difficult to make out how to do it without pictures in the instructions for this dollhouse. I figured it out and took several pictures of how it's supposed to look. Basically, you're building a box inside of a box. The small parts make the inner box and the large parts go over that first box.

I thought I would put in the roof support because the beams are supporting the roof anyway. Anything that makes the dollhouse stronger is a good thing. For a second there I thought it wouldn’t go in. I believe you are supposed to put in the support before the back roof goes on. Though I was undecided, in the end it went in with pressure, supporting the roof.

I had to cut this Emory board into a point because sanding hasn’t been easy. Even though they were sanded and painted before assembly, they are still looking a little bit rough after assembly. This is because I had to patch up many gaps. They did take shape, but I still trimmed out the bottom of the settles where they touch the porch floor and the back of the seats. I found very tiny trim pieces I had saved from other projects to do this. Finally they are perfect.

After the chimney was dry, I applied the brick paper to the outside. I turned in the side edges, so it looks continuous all around. I painted the chimney top to look like stucco and put in wisps of cotton to make smoke.









No comments:

 

Search Archive

Search Labels

Copyright and Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  © More Minis @ Blogspot Copyright 2007 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Back to TOP